Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Needful Things - Book Review

     A new shop called 'Needful Things' is opened up in the small town of Castle Rock by Leland Gaunt.  His store is stocked with the perfect item for any customer that walks through his door for a deceivingly low price.  The only catch is for paying so low you are required to do a deed for Mr. Gaunt, and these deeds are designed to turn everyone in the town against each other.
     I could not put this book down, I loved it.  The story, descriptions, and human drama will have you enthralled in this richly detailed tale.  Needful Things is a great novel that I would recommend to anyone, Stephen King fan or not.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book, but did wonder what it was about. Your review makes me want to read as I know King is a good writer.
    J.L. Campbell writes Jamaican Kid Lit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, it's one of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. Now this one I can read again. I loved this book; it's probably among my favorites of his. The movie wasn't bad either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they did a really good job with the movie adaptation.

      Delete
  3. This was one of those books that I will never forget. Excellent read, and a great movie adaptation. *CREEPY*

    ReplyDelete